From time to time this policy may be amended, so please check our website to ensure you are still happy with how your data is being used.
Information we collect
The following may be collected:
- Name/Email/Landline or mobile telephone number.
- Geographic and demographic information and preferences.
- Information regarding interest in a specific property or area of work.
- Details of visits to our website and online forms completed thereon.
- Data in relation to specific properties, eg lease information, rent, occupation etc.
What we do with it
We use this information to provide you with a service tailored towards your specific needs:
- Sending promotional emails regarding new properties on the market or information that may be useful to you.
- Market research.
- Our own record keeping.
- Performing our role as chartered surveyors and fulfilling our professional obligations.
- Information may be retained on internal databases to fulfil our role as property advisors.
- Publishing of specific information requires client approval in some instances, but is governed by RICS Rules.
- Some business information is shared with third party contractors.
- Some information for, say, valuations will be retained for 12-15 years (required period for statutory limitations on valuations).
- Data in relation to specific properties.
- Customising and enhancing your experience with our services according to your likely interests based on your previous activities.
Where your data is stored
All personal data is stored on our secure servers. We do our best to protect your personal information to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
Information that is no longer required for any valid business purpose, and that we are not required to keep pursuant to any applicable law, will be routinely destroyed by secure means (Data files deleted / paper records shredded)
Rights and access to your personal information
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective 25th May 2018, allows you to request the details of any personal information we hold about you (subject to a small fee). If you would like a copy of the information held please get in touch in writing.
You may also request that we update any data we hold on you or delete it from our system. You may also select the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email we send you, or contact our Data Control Officer, Kim White, on 020 7643 1500.
You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ICO.org.uk